Monday, January 28, 2008

About the Name...

I know that the title "Blurred Lines" doesn't make much sense as the name of a personal hobby-related blog. "What lines are he talking about? And why are they blurry?" The reason for the name is mainly because I already have the domain, which I purchased a little over a year ago for a webcomic project I had started. Needless to say, the project hasn't gone very well since then.

The initial idea and concept popped into my head one day a few years ago, which I then planned out and refined for a while. However, by the time I finally felt I was ready to start serious work on it, I was in the middle of graduating college. That basically left me no free time for anything, much less working on storyboarding and finishing character designs. After graduation, my free time was swallowed up by job-hunting while still working full-time (that job was great for when I was in college, but I didn't have a future there at all). So now I've found the perfect job, but I've had to deal with a couple family crises since.

By this point, I'd almost have to start over from scratch as it's been quite a long time since I've really thought about the project. Sure I have overall plot and mostly-done character designs, but I've lost much of the passion I had at the beginning. It can really be frustrating at times. Anyway, that's the story of how my website got its name. I might post some of the content I have from the Blurred Lines project now and then, as this is a blog about my crazy pastimes. Heck, one day I might rediscover the desire to finish the project again and begin work anew. Who knows.

2 comments:

Mighty Minimalist Mama said...

Conrad,
Nice looking blog. I need to get David to help me with the look of my blog. Beyond the that, the recipes look like a lot of fun. I will definitely try them. You may enjoy the website a friend referred:
http://thepioneerwomancooks.com/

I'll be adding your blog to my google reader. Have fun!
Ann

Conrad said...

I think I stumbled across that site a month or two ago while on tastespotting.com. It looked interesting, but I haven't really checked it out yet. I'll certainly give it a look now!

Thanks for subscribing~