Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Red Velvet Cake Balls


A cousin of mine graduated from high school this weekend, and I wanted to bring something sweet to the family get-together afterward. I had seen this recipe on Bakerella a week or so before, and thought they'd be perfect for the occasion.


I will give a bit of a warning: these take a while to make. Plan time to bake the cake, wait for it to cool, actually form the balls (I used my hands to mix in the frosting - worked well but made a mess), chill them, then coat them. Also, my entire kitchen was red from the all the coloring in the cake mix.

Sadly I didn't get any pictures of the actual cake in the middle, but they're quite stunning with the white outside/red inside contrast. Click here for some wonderful pictures and the recipe.

----------------
Now playing: Round Table featuring Nino - Let Me Be With You (New Step Mix)
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

StraightMom said...

I think you should enter the Globe's photo competition that is to be part of Grace Magazine's, A Day for Women in September. Last year numerous men submitted photos and you'd give them serious competition. I hope you think about it because your photos are amazing.